And then, it was over. Tonight someone made clear to me the cost of the drama. Someone I care about would rather not be in my life than continue to be subject to, and the target of, my upset. Part of my thinks ‘Lucky him, he has the choice to disconnect.’ But really, so do I.
And, why on earth would I choose not to? The drama queen does not think highly of who I really am. She’s a petty, vindictive tyrant who demands total allegiance and agreement from everyone she encounters. She doesn’t care for the facts, only for her interpretations of them. And she kills off anyone who disagrees.
The Drama Queen would have sat down this evening to lament her continually failing attempts to be loved. But I am not the Drama Queen. I am fun-loving, creative, powerful me - I’ve just been otherwise engaged for a while. Well, I'm back - and I've got the keyboard now, bitch.
Want to know what’s so with my life?
- I drove out to lovely lovely Sidney by the Sea and met with one of my favourite people, who is determined that our partnership will bring up both abundance and joy in our chosen forms of self-expression. He bought me a succulent salad for lunch and showed me a lovely home design store that’s marketing some of his products. (Yes, that is three 'lovely's in one bullet - I can handle it if you can)
- I popped by my new office to get my photograph taken for my work ID, and took a picture of the stunning heritage building I’ll be working in (it's down below - isn't it perfect!)
- I had a coaching call with an amazing, powerful someone who was so moved by what I’m creating in my life she actually got choked up.
- I hung out with Miss Sunshine as we packed her kitchen and drank a little and she shared with me all her hopes and dreams and fears and joy and frustration about moving to her new island home with her very sweet sweetie Big Mac.
- I came home and read an email I was both dreading and expecting.
- And I watched some TV and read a little, and now I'm writing this.
Oh, and just WAIT until you hear what I’m taking on next ... things are about to get deliciously dull around here!