Monday, September 27, 2010

Standing

I heard this song recently on my online radio station. It spoke to me, but at the time I didn't know why, really. And now, here it is is. And here am I, with nothing left to do but Stand. No, things are not as bad as all that, and I'm definitely not all alone. But I've done all I can. And here I Stand.

Stand.

Tell me, what do you do
When you've done all you can do
And if seems like it's never enough

Tell me what do you say
When your friends turn away
And you're all alone, so alone

Tell me, what do you give
When you've given your all and
Seems like you can't make it through

Well, you just stand
When there's nothing left to do

You just stand
Watch the Lord see you through

Yes, after you've done all you can
You just stand

Tell me, how do you handle
The guilt of your past
Tell me, how do you deal with the shame
Tell me how can you smile
When your heart has been broken and filled with pain

And don't you dare give up
You go through the storm, (stand)
And through the rain, (stand)
You stand through the hurt, (stand)
And through the pain, (you just)

Hold on (stand)
And don't give up
Hold on (stand)
And don't you dare give in (you just)
Stand

Said you just stand (you just)
After you've done all you can
After you've prayed and cried, cried and prayed
All through the night

After you plant your feet
Squared your shoulders
Hold your head up, and wait on Him
He's gonna come through, yes He will

After you've done all you can
You just stand

(Sorry - the only video I can find is from *gag* Oprah and has sketchy audio, but you can listen/view here).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...