Friday, October 8, 2010

TI♥T: People :)

Another week, another belated Things I Love Thursday post. In some ways I want to say I'm justified in being late this week since I was 'recovering' yesterday from a medical procedure. Only, really I spent the whole day on my couch and typing a simple blog post would have been well within doctor's orders to take it easy. The bigger excuse is also the topic of this post - while I was recovering I was flooded with love and care and some pretty amazing people and was so enjoying being with them that I didn't even think about blogging until I was in bed.

The closer I got to yesterday, the more I felt alone in the world. I have a big loving extended family, and a large and committed circle of friends but for some reason in this case all I could see was that I am not in a loving, committed relationship and so I am adrift on a sea of nothingness.

It's insane, really.

My parents got up at 6:30 am yesterday and drove 2 hours (through the worst spot of Victoria's morning rush hour) so that mom could go with me to the hospital. Then they bought me lunch, saw me snug back in my house and turned around and drove home again. They were on the road longer than they were here. I came home to a sweet, acknowledging email from BB1, had a lovely check-in phone call with The Catch, and then spent the afternoon on the couch with BB2 watching a silly movie and eating popcorn & chocolate. In the evening my friends took over, one bearing more chocolate and the most healing hands ever to offer a shoulder massage, and the other prompting us to head out for a low-key Thai dinner.

And, strung throughout all that, more Facebook  messages, Tweets, texts voice messages and phone calls from people sending me love.

Miss Lady recently gave me this sticker, which she'd picked up at Cafe Gratitude in San Francisco (and which lives by my entry door so it's the first & last thing I see when I'm coming and going). And boy, she couldn't have been more right. :)

Thank you all. I love you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...