- Preempt the snow day by getting an infection and creating a sick day. Go back to sleep.
- Wake up only when darned good and ready. Listen to the wind howl for a while from the warm nest of your bed.
- Have a long, hot vanilla-spice scented bath. While you're there, finish a novel you've been reading forever. Frequently add more hot water.
- Create an urban-bunny snow warren: weather-proof an open-ended box by putting it in a garbage bag and lining it with a towel you never intend to dry human skin again; place beside his outside pen; shelter the whole thing with a bath mat. Spend a moment being glad you're not the rabbit.
- Bundle up (long wool coat, fleecy snow boots, mitts, scarf) and sally forth into the world. Trudge through snow, uphill both ways to drop-in and get a prescription from the doc. Since you're now only a block from Home Depot, pop in and buy stuff to weather-proof your very drafty bedroom window. Find and drink something hot and steamy (and preferrably spicy)
- Buy a really cute hat and prove to your BBs that you are so a hat person.
- Have a conversation or two with people you love and adore and who love and adore you right back.
- Stock up on victuals - you never know how long this weather might last!
- Flirt with and be flirted with by the charming pharmacist you didn't know worked just a block away. Decide you have a new favourite pharmacy.
- Bring bunny in early to thaw out. Replace his ice with liquid water.
- Fall in love with your city, your life, and yourself all over again.
Monday, November 22, 2010
How To Rock a Snow Day, and in the Process Fall in Love