Monday, December 6, 2010

F - Fufilled, or maybe Faith

In the world of this blog, F is for Fulfilled. But when I think of Advent & Christmas, the F that comes to mind is Faith. I pondered this this morning - my intention with the ABCs of Advent was originally to incorporate my blog themes. And then I realised, I'm not always forthright about my faith. It's not an either/or world.

Yesterday I talked about the dedication of Mary, of Joseph, of Jesus himself. And it struck me as I was writing that that it might surprise some people to learn that Christian beliefs are alive and well and living in my heart. I don't blog about it often, or talk about it often, because for me faith is the most intimate and personal of conversations. And because I have worked hard to get beyond the dogma of my religious past to the grace of my actual beliefs.

Yes, I believe. In Christ, in the virgin birth, in the Bible as God inspired and man recorded. I believe in heaven and hell and salvation. And it's okay with me if you don't. 

And, at Christmas-time, I also believe in magic. In love. In humans uniting for good. I have faith that everything will work out in the way that is best for all concerned. I believe in peace. And possibility. I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I do believe in you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...