Wednesday, June 8, 2011

a, a+, b, needs improvement

I am always ready to learn
although I do not always like
being taught. 

Winston Churchill
In a week of epiphanies, here is the second one ... I don't have to be perfect right now. It's okay that there are things I'm continuing to learn and master. 

More than one person has told me that I am too hard on myself. Mostly my response is 'ya, and?' But on a happy ramble this morning I suddenly realised that yes, I am sometimes hard on myself. But, I'm learning. And if that's not okay with people, that's just something they are going to have to deal with on their time. I'm learning. And like all learners sometimes I need support. 

I also realised that while there might still be things I'm working on, there are also LOTS of things I'm already pretty awesome at, and they sometimes get lost in the focus on what's not quite there yet. So I thought I'd make a couple lists to remind myself to keep things in perspective: 

THINGS I'VE MASTEREDTHINGS I'M WORKING ON
Seeing beauty in nature, art, design, etcSeeing beauty in myself, and sometimes other people
Loving othersLoving myself
Cooking great mealsEating healthy
Playing with wordsCommunicating what matters to me
Taking care of the people I love   Taking care of myself
Being creative (ideas)Creating (actions/outcomes)
Generating incomeManaging my cash flow
Making people laughMaintaining a sense of humour in trying times

I don't know about you, but I see a couple themes in there. And one thing I know about myself - I've always loved learning. In fact, that's one of the things that goes in the 'Things I've Mastered' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...