Monday, May 14, 2012

a little less douchey monday

It was a day like many. A good strong start thanks to STG making breakie. A packed-work schedule. A couple hours spent A) thinking bulimia's not that bad a way to go after stepping on the scale for the first time in 2 months and B) dreading spending more months working off the weight I've already lost but for some reason re-found. It was a day that started strong but was faltering. 

And then this happened: 

If you aren't on Twitter, you don't care. If you are on twitter and aren't a girl or a celebrity watcher or into funny funny YouTube series or didn't watch TV in the 90's or now, you don't care. If you are me, you are all those things. And you squealed REALLY LOUDLY IN YOUR HEAD when you saw the notification. 

Tim Daly - sensible big-brother pilot on Wings. Heartthrob doctor. Internet sensation. Less douche Dad - retweeted something I said. Granted, I said it about him, his son and their YouTube series, but still. He liked it enough to retweet it. 

It's a funny thing, and yes, I truly am just that shallow. All of a sudden, my rapid weight gain is no big thing. A (very hot) complete stranger, whose TV shows I just happen to really enjoy, clicked a button on Twitter, and suddenly ... better day. 

I still have 47 pounds to lose (39 to re-lose - sneaky bastards); I still have a mountain of work to do and some major deadlines to face. I still have a long list of things to get done in a home I just want to go home and collapse in and enjoy. 

But who cares - Tim Daly retweeted me. And that makes this whole day just 'A little less douche.' 

PS - Watch Tim and his son Sam on 'The Daly Show' on YouTube - I promise you will laugh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...