Tuesday, November 27, 2012

dreams & aspirations

For most of 2012, dreams and aspirations would more accurately be reflected in a post called nightmares and perspiration. Yes, I realise the prompt isn't referring to sleep dreams. No, that doesn't change how I feel.

It's hard to dream when each day is about survival - my own, or that of the people I love. Dreams get small and precious when loved ones are at threat, or a threat to themselves. Be strong. Don't give up. Little precious embers where dreams used to be broad strokes of sunset lighting across the sky.

I forgot, for a while, to have my own dreams and aspirations, focused as I was on fighting back the nightmares even during daylight. Let that be something we come back to in looking forward to the next year. Dreaming big again, splashing hope across the sky in bands of fuschia, orange and gold.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...