Wednesday, November 21, 2012

i would write 100 words and i would write 100 more

So, once again it's time to employ some outside mechanism to get me back in the habit of writing regularly (carrot, stick, cattle-prod - choose your weapon). My wonderful and talented BFF Shiney started her responses to the (mostly) one-word prompts below in her fabulous blog, and a life-long habit of tagging along on whatever Shiney is up to has me jumping in the fray. Of course, I also like to do things my own way so I will be using the same 100 one-word prompts, but I'll be breaking them up a little.

The first 40 prompts, beginning tomorrow, will take us through advent, Christmas, and the tail end of 2012. It's been quite a year - one might call it a roller coaster of a year - and so those 40 prompted posts will reflect back on the year that was - some highs, some lows, some 'that's life.'

The next 30 days/prompts will take us to my birthday. For the last 5 years, my birthday has been, in a word, abysmal. Some of the most significant upsets of my life have happened on my recent birthdays, or close enough for there to be shrapnel in my cake. I love the age I'm at, but have not been able to celebrate my trips around the sun with my usual gusto. I'm trepidatious - given what's gone wrong in birthdays past, I'm scared of what  might be coming. But, for the month leading up to this inauspicious day, a prompting we will go in 'all about me' land, most likely some trips down memory lane, but with an eye to creating my best year ever!

And then, the fun stuff - 30 days of free writing. It may be poetry. It may be creative non-fiction. It may be complete crap, but it will be fun. Or if not fun, at the very least free ... ya ... free ... that's the ticket. 

100 prompts for 100 days of posts with a target of 100 words. Short and sweet. Slow and steady. Starting tomorrow. You can read along on the 'Prompted to Write' label.
First 40 - Advent, etc
Introduction
Love
Light
Dark
Change
Dreams & Aspirations
Pessimistic
Heaven
Innocence
Drive
Breathe Again
Memory
Misfortune
Smile
Silence
Questioning
Blood
Rainbow
Vacation
Mother Nature
Cat
No Time
Tears
Happiness
Flowers
Expectations
Stars
Walk
Treasure
Abandoned
Rain
Grey
Phoenix
Edgar Allen Poe
Garden
Christmas
Morning
Friend
Moonlight
Insomnia

Middle 30 - Birthday Build Up
Solitude
Standing Still
What if…
Illusion
Hope
Night
Two Roads
Photo
4.29pm
Creation
Childhood
Sport
Deep in Thought
Danger
Sacrifice
Secret
Tower
Waiting
Rejection
Fairy Tale
Magic
Tropical
Do Not Disturb
To Dream
Advertisement
Snow
Playing the Melody
Envy
Puzzle
Obsession

Final 30 Free-for-all
Mischief Managed
I Can’t
Confrontation
Mirror
Movie
Insanity
Test
Drink
Starvation
Words
Can You Hear Me?
Sandwich
Pen and Paper
Heal
Space
Spiral
Seeing Red
Food
Effort
Pain
Triangle (deleted)
Drowning
Misunderstanding
All That I Have
Give Up
Horror
Storms
Safety
Annoyance
Relaxation 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...