Sunday, December 16, 2012

flowers

It's not much of a secret that I love flowers - live flowers, cut flowers, growing flowers, receiving flowers, photographing flowers. Okay, I may have a slight preference for receiving flowers, but it's hard to think of a situation in which I don't love flowers.

When STG and I moved into the Love Nest this past spring, I was over the moon about the immense beds of flower and herb garden just waiting for our tender loving care. Until we started working in them. My high ideas of pristine beds of weed-free beauties blooming in fast succession from April to November died a sudden death.

It turns out that kind of flowered loveliness is a lot of work. And, while I love flowers, it seems I’m not all that interested in working hard for them. Good thing my parents like a nice project now and then. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...