Friday, October 4, 2013

it's all good

I've been at a conference the last couple days, and in the midst of of the usual 'getting to know you' and small talk yesterday I heard myself say "I got married at 20 and divorced at 30, but my sons and I have done okay." I was surprised to hear it. And even more surprised when I stopped, contemplated and realised it's true.

1999: Our first summer holiday as a family of three.  
It hasn't always been straight forward. We've each wobbled and struggled and grown. It hasn't been a straight trajectory, but we've all gotten better. I, for one, no longer wear socks with sandals.

That's all. No deep thoughts. Just a revelation that made me smile. 

1 comment:

  1. Short and simple. Sometimes it's necessary. I love moments of clarity like yours. Hope you have many more reasons to keep smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...