Friday, November 28, 2014

preverb

Reflecting back on another year of such dramatic change is challenging; a little more bitter than sweet. Disorienting. This time last year I was negotiating with my heart partner how soon was too soon to put up the Christmas tree. This year I am watching stranger strings lights on palm trees & hoping the trade winds carry my memories away, or at least remove some of the sting.

Christmas 2013 - so much more than 365 days from Christmas 2014
The distance between that life and this one is almost incomprehensible to me. I still don't really know what happened. How this happened. Last year I was stressed, exhausted, loved and confused. Now I am less of almost all of those things - only the confusion lingers (yes, I know I am still loved - you know what I mean). 

Reverb - an annual writing-prompt/writing community project of both looking back at the last year and looking forward to what may come next  - begins Sunday. Reverb is not just for bloggers; it's for anyone who wants to spend the last month of the year being both reflective and creative.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure I'm ready yet to look back at 2014 with much vigour. Some of what has happened is still hard to look at directly - I prefer to glance at it out of the corner of my mind. It may be like that for a while. It probably ought to be like that for a while. Love shouldn't be easy to get over. 

None-the-less, no less a philosopher than Socrates declared that "the unexamined life is not worth living"; who am I to argue? Besides, I really love my reverb community. If you're going to navel gaze, at least do it in great company. 

Click the image to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...