Friday, January 15, 2010

Pathetic Fallacy: The beckoning sea

n.: The attribution of human emotions or characteristics to inanimate objects or to nature; for example, angry clouds; a cruel wind

My head had a mind of its own today, taking me down creepy boarded-off alleyways best left ignored. The sea, the sea, the sea beckoned, with promises of fresh breezes to blow away the ghosts.


The sun. The gentle evening sun, hid at my approach. Not wanting its pink softness sullied by my grey.


And blushed deeply at my timid approach, dancing at my feet, cleaning the pebbles but scorning my moody soul.

Mocking me with its swirling waves. Rising, falling, rolling and retreating.


The raucous seagulls laughed so hard at my feeble attempts at absolution, they decided to hold a party.


So I turned my back on fickle nature, and faced the wall. Only to find people before me had attempted to find their own expression facing the sea. Their confusion a contrast to the clear thoughts of nature.



And underneath it all - always - the wound beneath the skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...