Saturday, February 13, 2010

You too can play Olympic games ...

So, I've caved to the hoopla, put aside my resentment of our provincial government's insistance of 'the games at all cost', and fully given in to my love of the Olympics (at least until we get the final tally on what it's costing us). Olympic fascination first coursed through my little heart as an 8-year old girl sitting in a cool basement watching the CBC's coverage of the 1976 Montreal games and seeing the perfection of Nadia Komenici, the commitment of Bruce Janner, and the possibility of unadulterated excellence. 

Despite my increasing cynicism over the years (curse you Ben Johnson) as I become aware of politics and selling out and doping and sponsorships, the Olympic games still hold a strong fascination for me. And no less so because they are right here on my doorstep (though Gordon Campbell can still go to heck).

However - this was only meant to be a quicky post as I wait for Jenn Heil to take our first home-turf gold tonight in the Ladies' Moguls. I thought maybe we could play a quick game of ...

SPOT THE IRONY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...