Thursday, August 19, 2010

TI♥T: Having my own personal diva

For just this one little moment I'm going to take my navel-inspecting magnifying glass off my own rotund belly and focus on someone who really shines in the spotlight - the amazing Maureen Washington.I think I might have mentioned Maureen in the past sometime - she's someone who, since I was 12 years old, I've stood somewhat in awe of - listening to her belt out some gospel hit of the 80's at our summer camp (and always sharing Momma Barb's care package cookies).


In the last few years I've gotten to know Maureen better, both personally and professionally. Through some pretty hard times. And some pretty great ones. There are two things I know about Maureen:

She SINGS like nobody else - full-voiced, full-hearted, full of soul
She LOVES like nobody else - if you are her friend, her child, her brother, her momma you have an unshakable warrior in your corner, or a laugh, or a hug.
I could go on. But I really think that instead you should just go to one of her shows and hear for yourself. Because every audience member gets the same voice, the same heart, and the same love as the rest of us.

Check out her shows here: http://www.reverbnation.com/maureenwashington
Or you can give her a Christmassy listen here Santa Baby

I promise you'll see why I ♥ Moe

1 comment:

  1. (Where is the like button??) like like like.... no LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
    LOL Thanks Shannon! Like I needed to start crying before 8:00 am! :o)
    Thank you for making me feel warm and loved!

    ((((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...