Thursday, December 2, 2010

A - Abundance (a.k.a. Thing I Love at Advent)

I tend to spend a lot of my time thinking, talking and blogging about what's missing in my life. The lack of a partner. The lack of enough money for everything. The restricted diet. But yesterday, in a snippet of time between running errands with BB2 and an evening appointment, I stopped for a quick bite and a short glass of wine to regroup, and suddenly I was transported by a window seat, some live jazz, a crisp glass of Pinot Gris, succulent island scallops in a peppery wine reduction. And an elegant, peaceful lounge to enjoy it all in.

I can't imagine a more abundant, decadent way to enjoy 45 minutes. The pure luxury of tantalizing food that is on my fairly intense current diet. And the pleasure of being alone and still with my thoughts. It was lovely in every way and not a single person or thing was missing.

It was the perfect way to welcome December. To begin my advent. And to remember just how abundant my life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...