Friday, April 16, 2010

TI♥T - I'm a writer, damnit

Has it already been a week since I posted? Wow. I was considering joining a 30 Posts in 30 Days blog challenge, and clearly that would take something given how much I have going on these days. Then again, it might just be the perfect thing.

When I was invited to take the challenge and looked at who I would be blogging with I thought

"these are all online businesses; I'm not a busienss person, I'm a writer."

To which I retorted

"well, that attitude certainly explains a lot about your bank account."

And, that retort explains a lot about why I've been hesitant to take on writing fully - there's some 'starving artist in the garrett' story that I just haven't yet shaken. That said, here's what I truly love about being a writer:
  • the feel of a perfectly turned phrase rolling off my pen
  • creating a word-banquet of thoughts and images for the world to feast upon
  •  pulling forward the writer-yearning-to-write in others
  • chronicalling the love, laughter and tears of life
  • putting my clients' thoughts and needs into words in ways that make them accessible and solvable
Pen in hand - or at least laptop in lap - I'm off. See you in the culture pages.

1 comment:

  1. Please help pull the writer in me out. She's driving me crazy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...