Wednesday, January 26, 2011

remnants & remembrances


Lots of little things have been popping up this week. Memories of Mexico - the good and the bad. Snippets of songs. Silly pop culture references. And this ... 

Romeo:Well, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do. They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair. 

Juliet: Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake. 
Romeo: Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. 
Romeo: [They kiss] Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purged. 
Juliet: Then have my lips the sin that they have took? 
Romeo: Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again. 
Juliet: [they kiss again] You kiss by the book

How do our brains retain all this? Why do we remember some things completely, some through a fog, and some not at all? How do we pick and choose which things we maintain the access to and which we let the path grow over?


Maybe it's because it's a new year and my birthday and there's been so much change in the last 12 months that I can't help wondering about all the steps that have gotten me here. And maybe it's nothing at all. The solution feels like more change, but ... maybe it's time to sit still for a while. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...